Our Intramural leagues are open to all children in kindergarten through 12th grade. We offer a developmental league for all beginning players grade K, 1st & 2nd, older Leagues separated by gender and grades 3rd through 12th. Our intramural leagues strive to create a competitive balance for all teams to allow for better game play and learning. All children receive practice and a full basketball season, all to improve their overall ability, skill and love for the game of basketball.
Below are explanations of each UM Basketball Club Intramural Division:
- Kindergarten Co-Ed instructional league (to be run like a clinic each Saturday) will try to separate by gender based on registration
- 1st/2nd grade girls developmental league: for all children of the current school calendar year.
- 1st/2nd grade boys developmental league: for all children of the current school calendar year.
- 3rd/4th grade Boys Intramural league for the current calendar year.
- 5th/6th grade Boys Intramural league for the current calendar year.
- 7th/8th grade Boys Intramural League for the current calendar year.
- High School Boys Intramural League for boys attending High School (9th-12th Grade, maximum age 18)
- 3rd grade Girls intramural league for the current calendar year.
- 4th/5th grade Girls intramural league for the current calendar year.
- 6th/7th/8th grade Girls intramural for current calendar year
- High School Girls Intramural League for girls attending High School (9th-12th Grade, maximum age 18)
Each league is subject to change depending on registrations.
Please remember to complete the entire registration process to verify your order so your registration is confirmed.
Boys In-house 3rd-8th grade evaluations begin November 1st
Instructional League (K/1st/2nd grade) practices will begin in or around November 15th
Girls 3rd -8th grade In-house Draft Dec 1st
HS Boys & Girls In-house Draft on or around Dec 5th
Registration will close once a cap is reached, so register early. Unfortunately we have to cap certain leagues because of not enough coaching volunteers and the fact UMTSD only permits us so many hours of gym usage. Once coaches are set and league closes, an evaluation date is set (usually Nov). This is a voluntary skill session to allow the coaches to evaluate players to select fair and equal teams. If your child cannot make the evaluation they will still be drafted to a team. Most teams are selected and notified by Dec 1st and practices 1-2X per week will begin. Games may start in Dec and playoffs will take us into the 3rd of March. Most games are Saturdays but an occasional weekday or Sunday game may scheduled. Our schedule is based on availability of the gyms and coaches. Not every team will be able to have ideal practice slots each week.
Coaches & board members needed at all levels, in-house and travel. For Information call: UMBC President, Jeff Herb 215-264-7582
Cost: $125.00 for Kindergarten and $150.00 for 1/2nd grade $175.00 per Player in-house 3rd-12th.
Family Cap – A $125 discount will be given to the 3rd child and beyond for registration. Family Cap applies to in-house players only.
Registration ends November 8th for grades K-8th. Any late registration will carry a $25.00 late fee & players will be placed on a waiting list. Dec 10th is cutoff for HS age registration or until league cap is met.
All age groupings/leagues are pending the number of registrants, volunteers, and gym space. Players will be registered by grade. A copy of a Birth Certificate is REQUIRED for New Players ONLY.
ALL PREVIOUS YEARS BALANCES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE YOUR LEAGUE'S DRAFT IN ORDER TO BE PLACED ON A TEAM.
If you are interested in trying out for Travel - PLEASE DO NOT register for in house. Register under the Travel Tab. You will be automatically transferred back to in house if you do not make the travel team.
If you register for in house, but decide to tryout for Travel, that is OK. If you make the team we will move your registration over, no need to register for both.