UMBC will be following protocols similar to the school programs outlined by the Montgomery County Board of Health - Scroll down for release form
As of 9/17/20 UMTSD permits only 25 individuals at indoor events which likely means NO spectators. 16 players, 4 coaches, 2 officials, scorekeeper and clock operator.
11/10/20 UPDATE: UMBC is permitted per our safety plan to permit 1 spectator per player for games only! All Spectators will be required to wear masks.
All Coaches will will masks for practices and games
All Players will wear mask while on the bench for games and is players option to wear mask while playing.
Referees will wear mask before game, halftime and end of game and their option for during game.
Scorekeeper and clock people will wear masks
Everyone is require to self test and sign in before entering gym
masks worn starting tonight at all times
practice and games! players, coaches, refs and fans.
fans, refs and score table workers are required to sign in before entering gym
1 fan per player max
Everyone including athletes must wear a face covering. See below from the state’s website.
Does the Order apply to athletes and sports activities?
Yes. Everyone who participates in sport activities including coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an exception in Section 3 of the Order.
Indoors: Coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear face coverings, when indoors and where another person or persons who are not members of the individual's household are present in the same space, irrespective of physical distance.This includes while actively engaged in workouts, competition, and on the sidelines, etc.
Outdoors: Coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear face coverings if they cannot maintain sustained physical distance from persons outside of their household. This includes while actively engaged in workouts, competition, and on the sidelines, in the dugout, etc. If sustained six-foot distancing can be maintained, face coverings may be removed when outdoors.
The order including section 3 found here
1/4/21 travel outside of PA quarantine or negative test is needed to return to team https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspxRETURN TO TEAM
If a player or coach is showing one of the following symptoms of COVID-19: A cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste or smell, the individual should be tested for COVID-19.
If the test result is negative OR the individual has a doctor’s note with a differential diagnosis, the individual may return to the team after 24 hours afebrile (without fever) and with improved respiratory symptoms
If test result is positive or the individual is unable/refuses to get tested, the player/coach may return to the team after: 24 hours with no fever and Improvement in symptoms and 10 days since symptoms first appeared
If a player or coach has a Positive COVID-19 PCR Test:
1. WITH SYMPTOMS the individual may: return to the team after: 24 hours with no fever and improvement in symptoms and 10 days since symptoms first appeared.
2. WITHOUT SYMPTOMS the individual may: return to the team after:10 days after PCR test was collected *If symptoms develop during the 10 days, UMBC and the individual will follow the return to team guidance for positive PCR with symptoms.
If a player or coach, has close contact to a COVID-19 positive person by being within 6ft for 15 minutes or more or has household contact:
1. WITH SYMPTOMS, the individual should be tested for COVID-19.
If test result is negative, the individual may return to the team 14 days after last exposure to the person with COVID-19 and symptoms have resolved.
If the test result is positive, UMBC and the individual must follow the return to school guidance for positive PCR with symptoms.
2. WITHOUT SYMPTOMS, the individual will be excluded 14 days after the last date of exposure to the person with COVID-19. Household contacts are in quarantine until 14 days after household positive is released from isolation. Household contacts are in quarantine until 14 days after household positive is released from isolation. *If symptoms develop during the 14 days, follow return to the team guidance for Close Contact with symptoms.
If a player or coach has traveled to States with high COVID-19 rates, quarantine is required per state guidelines.
1. WITH SYMPTOMS- If symptoms develop during the recommended 14-day quarantine upon return to PA, follow return to team guidance for COVID-19 symptoms.
2. WITHOUT SYMPTOMS- The individual must self-quarantine for 14 days from when they return to PA. •
This recommendation could change and will be evaluated by the Montgomery County Department of Health and our board of directors.
COVID Release and safety plan - Must sign - please make sure an adult witness signs in addition to the guardian
mail or scan/email