Ejections due to double technical fouls or referee removal of a player, coach or spectator
The Executive Board of UM Hoops met to discuss these issues and decided that the best course of action is to restate and enforce our Code of Conduct. The following are excerpts from this Code:
The following may result in a fan ejection:
· Non-participants may not be on the court at any time (including before the game, during the game, at halftime, during timeouts or after the game.)
· Fans and players are not to bring basketballs into the buildings. Only coaches may bring basketball into the buildings
· Each team’s bench should consist only of players, coaches, and assistant coaches (3 max coaches). Parents, siblings, friends, etc. are not allowed on the team’s bench during the games.
· If a parent/spectator is ejected from a game, they will be suspended for all games at all Upper Moreland facilities and be subject to a board review for possible suspension for the following season . No refund will be granted!
· If a player is attending a game in which they are not playing (typically attending a friend’s game) and they are ejected, they will not be allowed to participate in their team’s next game. If this happens a second time, the player will not be allowed to play for the remainder of the season. No Refunds given!
Player & Coach Ejections:
· Game Officials have been instructed to eject anyone at the onset of outlandish behavior. No questions asked.
· If a player or coach receives two technical fouls he/she will have to vacate the building and will be suspended for their next scheduled game.
· If a coach is ejected for a second time in the same season they are removed from coaching the remainder of that season. The UMBC complaint board will also review the incident and make any necessary additional punishment recommendations to the general board. If a player is ejected for a second time, they will receive a 3 game suspension.
· Anyone using abusive language will not be tolerated, and will be removed from the premises without warning. We ask that the coaches, players and officials treat each other with respect and demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct before, during and after the game.
· All players and coaches MUST sit on the team bench. Not on the top of the bleachers, on the other bleachers but on the team bench only.
· The head coach is responsible for the actions of their players and fans. Any fan or player that gets removed the head coach is also assessed the technical foul.
ALL BOARD DECISIONS ARE FINAL